[orca-list] aria live regions

Hello,
I think this is something we should try to describe in more details giving enough instructions in order to be able to reproduce it. I my-self am wondering one little thing that may be related. While in gmail inbox find a conversation and press an enter key to load it. There is a live region on the resulting page informing the user that the conversation has been loaded, how many unread messages are there in that conversation if any and maybe something more. This is not announced by orca no mather which live region settings are set. However at the other hand I have found a little live regions example at http://accessibility.athena-ict.com/aria/examples/live3.shtml which I find working as expected over here.

Can you say where live regions are not working for you like you are expecting them to?