Re: [orca-list] Default behavior for quick key toggling of focus mode is changed

As is oft the case I'll preface my comment, and in this case question/possible request with an excuse me if
I'm missing
something. I spend more time in the CLI than the GUI and may be unaware of the best way to use some orca
features, or even
ignorant as to the existence of something.
I'm still frustrated by the need to use either two keystrokes that require moving of a handi.e. toggling
focus mode on
with orca a, or three keystrokes using tab and then shift tab to go in and out of a long combo box to
continue my arrowing
down, (or up for that matter.
This is no big deal if there are only 3 or 4 items to deal with, and may be no big deal when one can use
first letter nav,
e.g. a country list, but in lists where one is either completely unfamiliar with what options are available,
or when the
first characters do not change and the list has 100 entries this is a huge time waster.
Is there a way to deal with extensive combo boxes efficiently at the moment?
If not, and maybe even if so, could a sticky focus mode key binding be created?
I tried turning carrot nav on and off, but still I'm put back in to browse mode after moving once. Actually
the first time
I use the combo box where I've been rather active this week I can go down twice from the please select
heading, and after
that only once with out the one or two extra keystrokes for each up or downward movement.
It looks like I need to get another new version from git, so I'll wait to see if I can confirm/isolate a
couple other
possible issues/regressions.
Overall I continue to be impressed and very happy with the greatly improved performance, and somewhat
improved stability
with arrowing up and down webpages. Not NVDA there yet, but night and day different from when I first started
using orca,
and quite noticeably better than the 3.13 builds before this current adventure started.
Regards,
--
B.H.