Re: [orca-list] sonar terminal question

On Mon, Aug 11, 2014 at 10:11:37PM -0500, kendell clark wrote:
As usual, I'll recommend using speakup in a console for ssh, and most any CLI app that doesn't need to
interact with dbus
or something special in the GUI.
Ncurses stuff usually works very nicely in consoles with speakup set to highlight tracking.
you can usually use apps that want dbus in a console by either exporting the display in the console you are
working in, or
for one off commands,
dbus-launch your-command
When using terminal emulators, be sure that the window is maximized, or you may not see much of anything.
Flat review is a
must for most terminal work for me.
--
B.H.