Re: [orca-list] Experimental focus versus browse mode committed to master

Hello,
I am sorry this message deviates from the original subject but I'll anyway try to add more stuff regarding gmail usage and try to give resolution to what I was wondering before.
In order to be able to consistently focus gmail message list, have auto focus mode kicking in like it should, please try to press the enter key on either of the gmail labels e.g. inbox, outbox, all messages etc. You will be placed into the message list, focus mode will be automatically enabled for you and subsequently you will also be able to navigate to that list by using tab / shift + tab keys. Gmail also has some shortcut keys for quickly jumping to various labels so it's really possible to be verry productive while using this.

When a conversation is opened using gmail, there appears to be some kind of descriptive text given at the top. I am not sure this text is also visible to sighted gmail users but it gives a textual description regarding the conversation for example
Conversation is expanded, it has 24 messages, all messages are read.
I am using gmail in slovak so this may not perfectly agree with the text you are seeing while using gmail in your language but I believe you can see the point. I don't know what aria markup this control has however as soon as conversation is expanded this gets automagically announced on windows with NVDA. Is it worth making a leson out of this as well?

I was already briefly mentioning this in some earlier conversation but I can't remember the outcome. Content on the web in comparison to desktop app controls might have a title, a value, a role, states and a description. Maybe there are other properties but I feel these are usefull and should be reported most of the times. We can query for everything by pressing numpad enter whenewer we wish but to tell the truth I am afraid this is so rarely used because usually it is difficult to predict when this is usefull.
I am still looking at gmail. While tabbing around with NVDA and Firefox on windows I can notice many buttons, links and various other elements to be either collapsed or expanded. At the top there is a link saying using gmail with your screen reader or something to that effect. Pressing that link expands a section on the page with helpfull hints which can be read using browse mode. The link it self changes collapsed vs expanded state. Unfortunatelly while most of the controls do report their collapsed vs expanded state this link not includes such reporting when browsed with orca. Can this be considered please?
Description is another property we may wish to anounce as part of the control reporting. It is even more common than the previous case with collapsed vs expanded state. Example of seing helpfull description is button "X" in the gmail conversation view. That button removes a label from the conversation. It has usefull description. I don't know details about ATK and stuff on linux but on windows this automagically includes content pointed to by aria-described-by property as well. Can we have this reported also?

Greetings

Peter