Re: [orca-list] vlc and qt accessibility in 14.04

On Thursday, August 07, 2014 06:44:35 PM unix wrote:
Hello, not sure if this was received by the list or not, I've upgraded
from 13.10 to 14.04 recently, and vlc no longer seems to be accessible
with orca, ver. 3.10.3.  Not sure if this is because its trying to use
my old config/preferences file, reason i say this is when i play a file
from a directory, my jump forward/back and volume up/down settings are
still the same, but I can't use the context menu or anything else and
the window speaks nothing, no title etc. Not sure if i need to delete
the old config and start over. But qt-at-spi and at-spi2 are all the
latest version, unless I can add a more recent version of at-spi or
qt-atspi from a ppa or somewhere else.   Thanks for any input! keep up
the great work.

Hi,

make sure that you have QT_ACCESSIBILITY=1 in your environment. For me VLC
works (I see several accessibility bugs, but it generally is read, menus etc).

Cheers,
Frederik