Re: [orca-list] Git Version in Master?

On Wed, Apr 30, 2014 at 01:49:20PM EST, Steve Holmes wrote:
I see that the master version of Orca says 3.13pre1 but when I do a
'git describe' after the most recent git pull, I get
ORCA_3_11_90-102-gacb131f. My package build script for the Arch Linux
orca-git package uses this command to automatically determine the
correct orca version. Is there a reason git still thinks master is in
the 3.11.90 range rather than something like 3.13?

Orca 3.12 was branched before the 3.12 tag was created. If you were to run the same command in the 3.12
branch, you would get the 3.12 tag as the base of the output from git describe.

I would have thought 3.12 branch would have been done once the 3.12 release was tagged in master, but I guess
we all work differently. :)

Luke