Re: [orca-list] changing Orca default braille terminal

Hello,

After migrating from init scripts to systemd X started using VT1 instead of VT7 on arch linux. Here is a nice article on that: http://rubereality.com/2012/11/08/change-the-vt-setup-with-gdm-3-6-1-and-systemd/
This would be quite difficult to do.
Fortunatelly I have found out orca has a setting for this it is not conveyed through the settings dialog at least I am unable to find it.
However you can manually open file
~/.local/share/orca/settings.py
and look for and tweak the following...
# Default tty to pass along to brlapi.
tty = 7

Hopefully you will get it working finally.

I was looking a bit through the orca braille module. It first attempts to retrieve this on its own however this is failing on arch linux. So perhaps we might be able to find how to retrieve this info on arch linux and submit a patch.

Greetings

Peter