Re: [orca-list] gnome 3.10 and orca

as root, with network off type: echo new-host-name >/etc/hostname <enter>
then reboot. On Fri, 27 Sep 2013, Josh wrote:

hey have any of you played with the new gnome 3.10 yet? well I ran
sudo yum upgrade && sudo yum update

and got a bunch of updates including to orca 3.10 gnome 3.10 more of a stable
version and other stuff and bug fixes this morning! For some reason the 64bit
one won't boot on my dell latitude but the 32bit OS works fine it shows I have
3.5gb of ram. that's ok with me. anyways to shut down I found I have to hit
control alt delete because there is no shut down or power off option on the
top bar in gnome shell 3.10. also I mistyped my localhost name when
installing, how do I fix that? yum is quite easy for me to use. It is a bit
like apt-get and other package managers. There are some more keyboard
shortcuts for orca in the web browser in 3.10 and I love the calendar on the
top bar feature that is so cool. wish ms-windows did that but oh well.
Fedora20 alpha 4 was easy to get installed. I just had to make it repartition
the hard drive and it went off and installed it for me, then I set up the user
accounts and was up and running with less bugs after updating of course. when
updating it is best to use terminal until you get orca 3.10 in there otherwise
it'll lock up a bit. If only I had some recording equipment I would do a
podcast for you guys on gnome 3.10 and what I have discovered so far about it.
Manjaro has been giving me trouble, but so far the canonical distros and
fedora are working great so I will use those. after all fedora will get me
familiar with red-hat type distros which could land me a good job in the
future. I'm typing this on the vinux4 laptop though. I'm gunna get rid of
empathy and evolution in fedora 20 alpha though and if thunderbird is not in
there then I will install it, probably will just use yum its easier than
trying to mess about with packagekit. who knows maybe that became more useable
after the big major update that came down this morning. I'll see I guess. This
is fun playing with alpha software! I wont put it on my main working laptop
though and definitely won't give it to my son to use. If he wants to play with
it we can just share the testing laptop with the alpha OS running on it.

Josh

jude <jdashiel shellworld net>