Re: [orca-list] orca and unicode

Josh <joshknnd1982 gmail com> wrote:
I noticed with google translate when I try to read Japanese that I
have to copy the translated text into gedit before it will display
propperly. Orca 3.4.2 won't read the characters propperly in
firefox. Could this be fixed?

Are you sure this is not a firefox configuration problem? Are the characters
displayed properly on screen in Firefox?

Also, Orca 3.4.2 is very old now. I would recommend running at least version
3.8. We can expect Orca 3.10 to be released soon as part of GNOME 3.10.