From: orca-list [mailto:orca-list-bounces gnome org] On Behalf Of Bill Cox
Sent: Friday, October 25, 2013 11:44 AM
To: luciano de souza
Cc: orca-list gnome org
Subject: Re: [orca-list] Is Manjaro ready to use?

Well, Manjaro should stay fairly up to date with Orca, so that's positive.  On the other hand, all sorts of
packages keeps changing all the time, which can be a problem. There are three versions of Manjaro:
stable, testing, and unstable.  The "unstable" version is nearly identical to Arch. The testing repo is
updated a few days after that, and the stable maybe a week or so after that.  If you run the unstable or
testing version, and run into a problem, you can switch to stable and report the accessibility bug hopefully
in time to avoid having that bug propagate to stable.  After the bug's fixed, you can switch back to testing
or unstable.  It's kind of cool that you can switch between them without reinstalling.  It's one of the
things that I think will be useful for blind developers, but it goes for blind testers as well.
Again, I wouldn't recommend it yet for blind people who just need a computer for standard stuff like email,
web browsing, and document editing.  The people saying Manjaro isn't ready for prime time have
valid concerns.   Manjaro hopes to become stable like Vinux LTE
releases, but realistically, solid releases like that take a ton of work by a ton of people. Arch land is for
people who live dangerously.

Bill