[orca-list] Which Mail Client for ORCA

I help a completely blind person who has been getting email with dedicated software for windows that has stopped working because of POP credentialling issues. I want to see if I can help them change to Vinux with ORCA and a supported mail client. I found Thunderbird a bit daunting in its default state.
I am hoping list members might suggest:
 a more keyboard oriented client,
 Ways to configure thunderbird to make it easier to use with ORCA,
 Or lastly, with apologies, a more appropriate place to explore Linux mail clients for the blind.
Regards, Scott