Re: [orca-list] temporary solution to firefox problems

I've used the email client in SeaMonkey in the past with Orca. I didn't use it for long since add ons I needed in thunderbird weren't available in SeaMonkey. I recall it being accessible otherwise though. It's free, and easy to set up and take for a spin. If you do give it a try, let the list know how you like it.

On 11/06/2013 10:20 AM, Alex Midence wrote:
I used Seamonkey for a while in Windows.  I actually liked it better than
Firefox but had to stop using it when Jaws couldn't keep up with the new
versions.  I don't think I've ever used it in Linux though.  Tell me, do you
know if the e-mail client portion of it is as accessible as Thunderbird in
Linux?  And, how well does the Composer portion hold up?  For those
unfamiliar with it, Seamonkey is an internet suite of apps.  Composer is
like a word processor but outputs html.  It's really neat, actually.  There
is a fork of just that component called KompoZer which is quasi accessible
in Windows and inaccessible in Linux (something about old gecko libraries).
Composer was totally accessible unlike the fork.  Anyway, it's like Open
Source's answer to Adobe Dreamweaver.  Cool stuff if you have to write html
content and don't know html like I didn't back in 2010.  If Seamonkey's
totally usable in Orca, it'd be a sweet, sweet thing!

Alex M

-----Original Message-----
From: orca-list [mailto:orca-list-bounces gnome org] On Behalf Of
am_dxer fastmail fm
Sent: Wednesday, November 06, 2013 5:38 AM
To: orca-list gnome org
Subject: [orca-list] temporary solution to firefox problems

For those having problems with firefox 25, it may be worth giving seamonkey
a shot. Its a continuation of the old mozilla suite and the changes that
have been talked about here had not made it downstream as of Saturday when I
installed it.
The manual is at
Log bugs and feature requests at http://bugzilla.gnome.org Find out how to
help at http://live.gnome.org/Orca/HowCanIHelp