Re: [orca-list] Direct download link for firefox 24 for 64 bit ubuntu 13.4?

Hello, Rusty.

As a preface to this message, I want to state that I do not have an Ubuntu system any more. This means that I am not able to test for myself what I am about to share. That said, the Web sites which I used as references seem to be reliable and relevant.

Upon briefly searching, I did not find a Firefox 24 .deb package for Ubuntu. However, I did find an article [1] which contained some steps which may help you to downgrade to Firefox 24. Here is what I found:

1. Open a terminal.
2. Execute the following command to see which versions of Firefox are available in the repository:

sudo apt-cache showpkg firefox

3. Find the previous version of Firefox which you wish to downgrade to, and then execute the following command:

sudo apt-get install firefox=<version>

Where <version> is the Firefox version number which you would like to downgrade to.

I also read on a separate site [2] that you can hold Firefox (or any other package) from automatically updating by running:

sudo apt-mark hold firefox

To remove the hold, you should be able to simply run:

sudo apt-mark unhold firefox

I hope that this helps. It is hard to research something online when your Web browser is acting up. <smile> I really hope that this gets you back up and running!

Take care.