Re: [orca-list] Choosing a Braille Display device

On 03/25/2013 09:17 AM, Bryen M Yunashko wrote:
I am in the process of choosing a braille device to be given to me under
the NDBEDP program.  While the NDBEDP folks are clearly Apple/Windows
centric people, I'd like to hear from folks here which display you
consider to work best with Orca and Linux.

I recognize that we have a "supported list" available under the brltty
pages, but it seems a bit outdated.  I'll be testing about 10 different
devices tomorrow to determine which ones actually connect to Orca.

But there are so many factors to consider when choosing a display that
I'd like to hear your opinions on the models you use.

Thanks!
Bryen M Yunashko