Re: [orca-list] orca, squeeze vs wheezy

Evolution in wheezy not work with orca
So what mail client do you use in wheezy?

-----Ursprungligt meddelande-----
Från: orca-list [mailto:orca-list-bounces gnome org] För John G. Heim
Skickat: den 21 mars 2013 18:09
Till: Alex Midence
Kopia: orca-list gnome org
Ämne: Re: [orca-list] orca, squeeze vs wheezy

Yeah, the packages in backports do not undergo the thorough  testing
that packages do before a release is moved from testing to stable. But
there are times when those packages are just essential. In my case, I
needed a 3.2 kernel to support some newer hardware.

Tomorrow it will be 2 weeks since I last used a Microsoft Windows
machine. This is actually my third attempt to switch to linux full time.

The first time, I gave up because mail was too hard. At the time,
everyone on this list seemed to be using evolution. I found evolution
just incomprehensible. The second  time wasn't that long ago. But that
bug with iceweasel drove me nuts. I probably should have asked about it
on this list. But I just figured I was too busy to mess with it. But
this time seems to be going much better. In fact, mail is probably the
best thing about my orca experience this time.

I do have to restart orca 5 or 6 times a day because of that bug with
bonobo. Sometimes I just start getting a message when I run a gnome
program that says, "bonobo must be initialized before reuse". But doing
"orca --replace" fixes it.