Re: [orca-list] debian wheezy: change of live region settings don'twork

On Wed, Mar 06, 2013 at 12:23:48PM -0600, Christopher Chaltain wrote:
On my Orca 3.1.9 system, these keys are different. Orca+shift+backslash
toggles live monitoring on or off while shift+backslash sets the
politeness level for live regions. I don't know what this later function
does, but it is different.

Politeness levels determines how agressive changed content elsewhere than
your current focus gets announced. Polite waits until your reader is done
reading whatever it's in the middle of... rude (which may have been
removed from the spec, I'd have to check) would interupt you right away
no matter what you're doing.
cheers,
Mallory