Re: [orca-list] Gnome is Broken on my Box!

Try, as root,
systemctl enable gdm
This will give you a graphical display manager which you can use to login.
then reboot.

Bill
On 06/18/13 11:32, Steve Holmes wrote:
I recently started having a problem where Gnome fails to start or I
should say that X starts initializing everything and then just exits!
I attempt to run gnome by using the startx command from a native
shell. In the Xorg.0.log, I see one possible error stating that
modesetting module is not found. In any case, I cannot run Gnome
anymore from my Arch box. I have all latest packages and even for good
measure, I reinstalled every package in the gnome and gnome-extra
groups. I cannot seem to find a good explanation or reason for my
modesetting error. I also went and created a completely new user and
tried it from there and startx yields the same error for that user
too. So I conclude that it isn't a settings error in my user account.

Any ideas for why this is happening or how I might fix it?