Re: [orca-list] How to Move on to Next Section General Time and Date

Hi Martin,

certainly glad to be of help.

It may be worth having a read around for comparisons between Linux and
other operating systems.
I am unsure if you are coming from another operating system such as Mac
OSX or Windows or just starting out on Linux.
Please consider the following link as a starting point:
http://linux.about.com/library/gnome/blgnome1n2a.htm

The Orca screen reader also has a range of keyboard commands starting
with what is commonly refered to as flat review.
This is where the number pad on a Desktop keyboard it utilised for
reading commands with Orca.
You can still use the intended functionality by pressing numlock which
is located in the top left hand corner of the num pad.
Try exploring the num pad for Orcas funtionality.
Basically the top row, 7 8 and 9 will read up, current and down lines at
a time.
The 4, 5 and 6 numbers will do the same but for words at a time and the
1, 2 and 3 again the same but for characters.

I hope this information is not insulting knowledge you may already have.
Sometimes it is safe to start assuming little knowledge.
Good luck

Kind regards
Rob Whyte