Re: [orca-list] Latest Chapter in the Quest for Orca Debian Wheezy

Hello Martin,

Martin McCormick schrieb am 02.06.2013,  9:12 -0500:
      I did about 3 installs using the netinst disk and never once
got orca to do what it is supposed to do. Once, I got the orca login
prompt window spoken after speakup went silent. After a
successful login to /dev/tty7, dead silence. Since then, the
orca login window has never spoken again at the times it should
speak.
This is probably the GNOME 3.4-bug. The desktop is not announced. Try pressing
alt+f1. To get around this problem install gnome-tweak-tool and activate
nautilus as desktop background.

      While I never heard the orca login window again, I did get
the "Welcome to orca" message after the first successful login attempt
after any reboot.
You've tried  to press tab? On my box speech is silent first, since the user
list does not get focus.

HTH
Sebastian
--