Re: [orca-list] Announcement: compelling success reading pdf documents in Linux using Acroread

Burt raises a very valid concern:

This package I describe and all its dependencies are indeed in Debian and not any of the Ubuntu derivitives.  Someone whith the necessary skills would need to explore them and either port or reconstruct them for Vinux and/or Ubuntu and all its derivitives.

Someone else raised the point as to why go through all that trouble when alternatives that are much easier are available.  All I can say is that sometimes, you want to read a pdf doc in a pdf reader without having to