Perhaps in a virtual box you have assigned less memory?
happy hacking.
Krishnakant.
On Thursday 31 January 2013 07:24 PM, Alex Midence wrote:
Hmm.  I remember having my cooling fans rev up quite a bit in prior versions
of Thunderbird.  To test whether or not it's Orca, memorize the key strokes
you use to run your search and turn Orca off before doing it.  Then, give it
a few tics and alt f2 and type Orca to turn it back on.  I suspect Orca is
indeed a key factor though.

Alex M

-----Original Message-----
From: orca-list [mailto:orca-list-bounces gnome org] On Behalf Of Erik Heil
Sent: Thursday, January 31, 2013 7:51 AM
To: orca-list gnome org
Subject: [orca-list] Thunderbird and Orca

Hello everyone,
Recently, I have began to use the Thunderbird e-mail client for some of my
needs. Specifically, this is the version packaged and included in Ubuntu
12.10/Sonar 12.10 GNU/Linux. The client is fine, and for the most part, does
an excellent job at what its designed to do. However, there's one major
problem, which may or may not be related to the Orca screenreader. When I do
a check messages operation, Thunderbird seems to consume almost all
available capacity on the dedicated core that is assigned to this virtual
machine. Consequently, some of the fans in this machine rev up to almost
full-speed, which is of course variable. To make sure that I wasn't
over-reacting, I closed Thunderbird, and after which this was done, CPU
activity/fan speed returned to its previous and acceptable levels.  Have any
of you experienced the afore mentioned problems? IMHO this behavior makes
the Thunderbird client unfit for daily use. There are other problems, but
that's for another thread, and I think I made this already too long.

--Erik
The manual is at
Log bugs and feature requests at http://bugzilla.gnome.org Find out how to
help at http://live.gnome.org/Orca/HowCanIHelp