Re: [orca-list] reading of cell coordinates in Calc on LibreOffice 3.6 by Orca 3.7

Hi Joanie.
Works fine with LibreOffice 3.6.4.
Thanks for the fix.
Great job.

On 01/23/2013 10:59 AM, Joanmarie Diggs wrote:
I can reproduce this and will fix it. Thanks for the report!
--joanie

On 01/23/2013 07:23 AM, Fernando Botelho wrote:
Hi everyone,

I have mailed this to the LibreOffice accessibility list, but I am
sharing it here just in case someone has already figured it out.

I am having difficulty with:
libreoffice_1:3.6.2~rc2-0ubuntu4_all.deb

The problem is that the Orca screen reader is not able to read cell
coordinates in Calc as it used to back in OpenOfice. The Orca and at-spi
versions I am using are:
gnome-orca_3.7.0.94-0ubuntu0.1_all.deb
and
at-spi2-core_2.6.1-0ubuntu0.1_i386.deb

The files that seem to be involved are:
/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/orca/scripts/apps/soffice/speech_generator.py

/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/orca/scripts/apps/soffice/braille_generator.py

Functions that have the bug:
def _generateRowHeader(self, obj, **args)
def _generateNewRowHeader(self, obj, **args)
def _generateColumnHeader(self, obj, **args)
def _generateNewColumnHeader(self, obj, **args)

Specific line in the code:
table in self._script.dynamicRowHeaders

In this line table is searched as a dictionary key:
self._script.dynamicRowHeaders

The expectation is that the keys be constant  whereas a variable of the
table type is not.

So this error is generated:
type Table is unhashable

For this reason, apparently, Orca does not speak the cell info it should.

As this is fairly basic funcionality, I imagine someone has already
figured it out. Can someone point me to the solution or patch?

Thanks,

Fernando
The manual is at