From: mattias [mailto:mjonsson1986 gmail com]
Sent: Monday, January 07, 2013 7:56 AM
To: Alex Midence
Cc: orca-list gnome org
Subject: Re: [orca-list] pdf

alex
so you have tryed acroreader?
seems you dont have
i tryed litle after i writed the question o yes it worked

On 2013-01-07 14:51, Alex Midence wrote:
NO, it's not.  Speech access to pdf documents in Linux is absolutely
execrable.  You can't access this standard cross-platform document
format unless you convert them to html or plain text.  Navigating them
as received using Evince or Acroread or even Xpdf is not possible with
Orca or Speakup or anything really in Linux at this time.  Someone is
allegedly working on Evince and has been working on it for the last
few years but nothing noticeable has been done there recently.  I
understand the low vision experience is much better.  If you want to
read pdf's with something other than Windows, use Apple.  These days,
most PDF reading I do is done on my iPhone.  It does a better job than
even Windows.

Regards,
Alex M