Re: [orca-list] Using Ubuntu 12.10

Hi Andy,

Well, I have mixed feelings about 12.10. I've only deployed it on one
system prefering to stick with 12.04.1, but its usable if you install
Gnome Shell, downgrade LibreOffice to 3.5, and make a few other
changes.  That is primarily why I have not deployed it network wide. I
personally find Ubuntu 12.10 a major setback in terms of accessibility
and in order to get the same access as 12.04.1 I have to go through a
lot of extra effort downloading and installing Gnome Shell 3.6,
LibreOffice 3.5, and configuring everything to work as it should with
Orca out of the box. If I want those customizations I'm better off
downloading and installing Sonar Linux 12.10 which is a respin of
Ubuntu 12.10 with all the accessibility configurations already done
for me. So my personal opinion is Ubuntu 12.10 is not really worth the
effort of installing unless there is something you really need  you
can't get with 12.04.1.

Cheers!