are much more security conscious than I am, and hey, more power to them!
It's not for me to criticize. I'm sure there are things I worry over
that others think are pretty trivial.

On 14/02/13 10:15, Alex Midence wrote:
Why does someone need this?  Unless you are involved in some sort of
important top secret work, why do you need an authentication key for your
e-mails?  I have never understood why ordinary people go to such
extraordinary lengths.  The only thing I have seen come of it is a long and
incomprehensible string of jibberish affixed to the end of their e-mails,
their very mundane e-mails, I might add.

Alex M

-----Original Message-----
From: orca-list [mailto:orca-list-bounces gnome org] On Behalf Of Hammer
Attila
Sent: Thursday, February 14, 2013 1:43 AM
To: Orca-list
Subject: Re: [orca-list] Thunderbird and Addons

Krishnakant, I think this is the Enigmail extension, awailable with Ubuntu
repositoryes.
Enigmail package description:
"GPG support for Thunderbird and Debian Icedove OpenPGP extension for
Thunderbird. Enigmail allows users to access the features provided by the
popular GnuPG software from within Thunderbird.

Enigmail is capable of signing, authenticating, encrypting and decrypting
email. Additionally, it supports both the inline PGP format, as well as the
PGP/MIME format as described in RFC 3156.
Enhances: seamonkey, thunderbird"

This is a very nice extension.

Attila
The manual is at