Re: [orca-list] Orca + Backtrack Linux

Mallory van Achterberg <stommepoes stommepoes nl> wrote:

Backtrack Linux is specifically for security and networking testing. It has
many built-in tools (300 or so) specifically for these tasks.

I'm actually also looking to see if the tools themselves can simply be brought
into Debian or Ubuntu which I'm currently using. Backtrack is currently based
on Ubuntu 10.04 anyway.

In any case I would think you could choose Gnome as your Desktop Environment
and therefore Orca wouldn't know the difference and looks like it *should*
run fine.

It should, unless they've customized their distribution to use ApArmor or
SELinux with a strict policy, which might interfere with Orca. For a security
testing distribution I think this is unlikely.