Re: [orca-list] New To Orca

Hi.
Assumming that you already know python, my suggestion is that you start reading some orca's code.
Ideally grab the latest orca from git.
Take a look for example in the following file:
src/orca/scripts/apps/Eclipse/script.py

Probably not the best file to begin with, but as I know this file, perhaps I can clarify some doubts.

You can also take a look in the debug file generated by orca.

Open an application like gedit and restart orca in debug mode.
orca --replace --debug-file=out.debug

Now do some job in gedit, restart orca and examine the content of out.debug.

It helps to understand the events that are fired to orca and how orca process/discard them. depending on how much you worked in gedit, the contents of the file can be quite large.

If you do not know python, you can help testing and reporting bugs.
Thanks.