Re: [orca-list] Debian and Orca

Alex Midence <alex midence gmail com> wrote:
Does anyone know of a repository for Debian with a version of Orca newer
than 3.4.2?  I see that a lot of the Gnome 3.10 packages have made it to
Jesse but Orca is stuck way back at 3.4 on there.

I built Orca 3.8.1 as a debian package and installed it. This took a certain
amount of work, based on the latest packaging files from the Debian svn
repository, which are much more up to date than what you'll find in the Debian
archive.

The main obstacle to uploading 3.10 appears to be that Speech-Dispatcher 0.8
can't be uploaded, because it in turn depends on a library that needs to be
updated. I submitted patches to fix the latter, which others have refined, but
the maintainer of said library has not responded at all, despite months of
opportunity to do so.