From: Peter Vágner [mailto:pvdeejay gmail com]
Sent: Friday, August 30, 2013 10:04 AM
To: Alex Midence
Cc: 'Daniel Barich'; 'orca-list'
Subject: Re: [orca-list] Espeak low fidelity on Linux?

Hello,
I think libsonic is now directly built into eSpeak. At least I think it was
like this for quite some time. Or has this been changed recently?

Greetings

Peter

On 30.08.2013 16:35, Alex Midence wrote:
If you want clarity at higher speeds, you need to make sure the sonic
libraries are present in your installation of Linux.  Then, you need
to recompile E-speak to take advantage of them by modifying the
Makefile accordingly.  Once you do that, you can crank it up to speeds
like 7 00wpm and 800 wpm and actually experience a clearer experience
than at some lower speeds.

HTH,
Alex M