Re: [orca-list] LibreOffice: graphics in writer files

Let me preface what I will suggest by confessing that I have never done this in Libreoffice.  However, I spend a very large part of my days writing very illustrated documents that require me to do exactly what you describe.  I make sure that I type in some alternative text in the insertion dialog.  It should be possible for Orca to detect this, I’d imagine.  If this doesn’t work, however, I would very strongly suggest you use a tool you can rely on for the job.  If word and powerpoint are the usual tools for this project, use them.  I use both of these applications every day and know for a fact that you can insert alternative text and that the screen readers in windows do a fine job of telling you where your images are.  If Windows is not an option, you might try writing the document in html or Latex where you can tell it where to put your images using markup code.

I hope this helps,

Alex M

From: orca-list [mailto:orca-list-bounces gnome org] On Behalf Of Andy B.
Sent: Tuesday, August 27, 2013 11:06 AM
To: orca-list gnome org
Subject: [orca-list] LibreOffice: graphics in writer files

I went through the typical process of inserting an image into a writer file. Now I need to know how Orca will be able to tell me where the image is, if it can do that. I am working on a project that requires inserting images into either a
Word file, or a Powerpoint presentation, but I am using linux instead of Windows. How should I handle this?