Re: [orca-list] remastersys is dead?

If you want copy an ISO file to the USB, you can use dd (duplicate Disk)
from the command line. However, this command will use the complete USB,
if the USB has 1 GB of space, but the image that you are recording only
needs 700 MB, the command will create only a partition with the 700 MB,
if you want recover the others 300 MB, you must use a partitioning tool
to recreate the partition table on the USB.

If you know where are the USB (for instance, in /dev/sdb), you can do it:

sudo dd if=image.iso of=/dev/sdb

Where:
image.iso is the ISO of an Operating System.
/dev/sdb is your device, not a partition of them. The device can not be
mounted during this process.

When the command finishes (you can see the prompt when it is done), you
will have on your USB device the CD of your operating system. You can
boot from it, and enable the accessibility as described in the
documentation.

I have not a good English, if you can not understand me, you can seean
interesting link:
There are a "safely way" to clone an image using DD, an user created an
script to do it safely: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1958073

Hope this helps,
Manuel.