Re: [orca-list] ubuntu 13.04

If you are looking to run gnome install Sonar gnu/Linux here is a link to the site.

http://www.sonar-project.org

On 04/27/2013 08:23 PM, Josh Kennedy wrote:
Hi
since there are some accessibility issues in ubuntu13.04 with unity for example there are no menus such as accessories, graphics and sounds and others... I went into a terminal and
sudo apt-get install gnome-shell
sudo apt-get install gnome-session-fallback

but orca is not speaking in gnome. the desktop speaks and also hitting alt+f2 won't run orca or it seems not to do so. I also used the fedora accessibility guide and typed this into a terminal.

GSETTINGS_BACKEND=dconf gsettings set org.gnome.desktop.a11y.applications screen-reader-enabled true' Debian-gdm || true

maybe I'm missing something or I entered something in wrong? I'm going to erase the ubuntu13.04 vm and try again from a fresh install maybe some packages were not installed correctly so gnome will talk. also is xfce or lxde accessible yet? if so I would prefer to use one of those in ubuntu13.04.

josh