[orca-list] Linux word processing (was Re: Libreoffice 4 finally accessible)

Steve Holmes <steve holmes88 gmail com> wrote:
When I need to use Word processing in Linux, Writer is what I would go
to.  Just haven't had to do that for a while now.

Pandoc appears to be an interesting tool that can produce MS-Word (Docx)
output as well as ODF and various other formats. Emacs org-mode can export to
a range of formats too, including ODF.

I'm about to attempt the academic publishing process, more than once, in the
coming year. Some journals want RTF format; others will gladly take PDF or LaTeX.

I can convert LaTeX to ODF and then to RTF more reliably than I can convert it
directly to RTF, by using TeX4HT followed by LibreOffice. If I need to edit
the document after conversion to RTF, then I'll require LibreOffice. I hope
Debian has a version of LibreOffice with the accessibility bugs fixed by then.
At least the worst bug is fixed in the LibreOffice master branch now.