Re: [orca-list] Windows and vmware player

Hi Andy,

Well, obviously running Windows in a virtual machine will be somewhat
slower than if you were running it on a native partition. One of the
key issues with running a virtual machine is if you have enough ram
and CPU power to run Windows on top of Linux without a major
performance hit. Windows 7, for example, requires substantially more
resources than Windows XP so you should allocate at least 2 GB to the
Windows 7 virtual machine to get reasonable performance. In the end
you may have to play around a bit with resources to get a nice balance
between Linux and Windows when running a virtual machine.

As far as licenses, keys, etc goes it makes no difference  if you are
running Windows virtually or natively. Just install Office, Jaws, etc
as you normally would to your virtual machine. :D

Cheers!