Re: [orca-list] Windows and vmware player

I run Windows 7 in a virtual machine with VMware Player under Ubuntu,
and I find the performance acceptable. I don't have all of the specs
Jason does, but it's an I5 processor, and I've assigned 4G of the 8G to
my Windows 7 virtual machine. I did find the occasional overall system
hang when I only had 4G total on this system, and I gave 2G of that to
Windows.

The only problem I can think of is when I tried to run Hope under
Windows in the virtual machine. I'm not sure if the problem was with the
audio or the streaming.

I did buy a new copy of Windows 7 to run in this virtual machine, and I
assume it also used up one of my JAWS licenses. I generally just use
NVDA now, so I'm planning on just letting my JAWS license go when I run
out of SMA's. I don't have a copy of MS Office on this copy of Windows.
I usually just use Libre Office under Ubuntu if I want to use an office
suite. For the most part, I assume this copy of Windows running in a
virtual machine is like another system to Windows and any Windows
applications, so if they require another license to run on another
machine then I'd need a license to run it in this virtual machine.