[orca-list] Trouble Installing Shell Extensions from Web Site?

Hi,

On a nearly-fresh Ubuntu 12.04 installation, I am trying to install the Alternate Status Menu and clipboard notifier extensions from https://extensions.gnome.org. In the list of available extensions, I can find the links to the extensions' pages. When I select one and download the page, I can find the 'on' and 'off' text next to the screen shot. When I press 'enter' on 'on', should the extension get installed? I think I was able to do this once on Opensuse or Fedora, but it doesn't seem to work any more. I cannot get flat review to land on the 'on' button. Does this mean I have to pull from git and manually put the extensions where they're supposed to go?

Thanks,

Dave  H.