Re: [orca-list] instructions for getting orca to work with xfce

On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 03:43:01PM -0400, Jonathan Nadeau wrote:
Hello list,

here is how to set up xfce and Orca.

You will need sighted help for these first few steps.

First you must be using xfce 4.10
Then you will have to install these packages
sudo apt-get install gnome-orca libgail-common nautilus

Now you will have to check the accessibility box in the settings manager.
I believe sighted help may not be required to do this as it could be
achieved using the xfconf-query utility. I will let you know when I have
time to research this a little more in depth.

Cheers,
S.M.