Re: [orca-list] About a new extension: clipboard notification

On 09/18/2012 06:31 PM, Fernando H. F. Botelho wrote:
Hi Piñeiro,

I am familiar with the debate that took place on the list regarding
this issue. Yet, among non-technical users we have received ample
feedback, both from students, teachers, and other F123 users that this
is an important feature for them.

They all want some kind of acknowledgement of what takes place with
CTRL C and CTRL V etc.

Well that extension just send a notification when the clipboard content
changes, so in some way it notifies when the user press Ctrl+C, but:

If the user copies exactly the same text, nothing is notified: this is
because the extension doesn't check any key combination, it only tracks
the clipboard content. This has the advantage that if the user change
the clipboard with other way (ie: some applications allows Ctrl+Ins to
copy to the clipboard). So it doesn't matter how the clipboard content
changes, if it changed is notified. But, that also means that you don't
get a notification each time you press Ctrl+C. As I said, only if the
clipboard content changes. Is that a problem?

In the same way, it doesn't do anything with respect to paste (so
Ctrl+V). Anyway, at this moment Orca is already exposing the text
changes, so this shouldn't be a problem. Is that Ok?

So thank you for working on this and as soon as we have testing
feedback we will get in touch.

Ok, thanks.

BR

--