Re: [orca-list] Ubuntu 12.10 very broken... why did they release?

Hi, Andy,

If I had to guess, I'd say that what's happening to you is that
whatever file needed to be updated such that root applications would
feed accessible info to Orca and friends did not get modified
properly.  If I were you, I'd use command line to do updates:

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade

You might also try installing aptitude and using it to update.  It's a
terminal application that is text-based so, it will always talk for
you.  Sorry you are having such a frustrating time of it.

Alex M