[orca-list] Orca - No espeak

Hello All,

I am running Debian Testng / Wheezy.with Gnome Classic Desktop.

gnome-orca     3.4.2-2
espeak         1.46.02-2
espeakup       1:0.71-11

I have installed emacspeak and Voxin / IBM TTS / Outloud
emacs              45.0
emacspeak      33.0-1voxin0

I can change (and have done so) the speech in emacspeak to IBM TTS also known as Voxin or Outloud  to espeak.  emacspeak opens up correctly using the correct TTS either espeak or Outloud / Voxin / IBM.

Now when I start ORCA I cannot use espeak.  I also do not see any voices in the drop down window.

If I open up gnome-terminal and run:

orca -t

Welcome to Orca setup.
Select desired speech system:
1. Speech Dispatcher
2. Emacspeak Speech Services

Enter choice: 1
Select desired speech server.
1. Default Synthesizer
2. espeak
3. flite
4. ibmtts
5. dummy
Enter choice: 2

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/orca/orca.py", line 921, in _showPreferencesConsole
    module.showPreferencesUI(_commandLineSettings)
  File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/orca/orca_console_prefs.py", line 507, in showPreferencesUI
    (not setupSpeech(prefsDict)):
  File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/orca/orca_console_prefs.py", line 243, in setupSpeech
    families = speechServerChoice.getVoiceFamilies()
  File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/orca/speechdispatcherfactory.py", line 421, in getVoiceFamilies
    voices += self._send_command(list_synthesis_voices)
  File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/orca/speechdispatcherfactory.py", line 213, in _send_command
    return command(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/speechd/client.py", line 850, in list_synthesis_voices
    code, msg, data = "" 'SYNTHESIS_VOICES')
AttributeError: 'SSIPClient' object has no attribute '_conn'

Gnome-terminal sends these errors then ORCA starts up in the gui silently.

The only way ORCA starts up speaking is if I configure it to use speech-dispatcher with ibmtts (voxin) or with emacspeak speech services and ibmtts.

Can anyone help me and if I have found a bug, can I help you?

Thank you,

David
Part of the Vinux team

David J. Ring, Jr., N1EA  Radio-Officers Group -- Join CW email list -- Historic Morse Recordings
Gopher Hole:  gopher://sdf.org/1/users/djringjr/ (native or with Firefox's Overbite extension) or via http to gopher gateway
Chat Skype: djringjr MSN: djringjr msn com AIM: N1EA icq: 27380609

=30=