Re: [orca-list] Initial Finding Re: Quantal GNOME Shell Remix

Glad someone has had time to look into this release.  Abiword and
Gnumeric, eh?  Yuck.   Wonder why they put those old things in there.
Libreoffice is the more logical obvious choice.  More accessible too.
Does anyone know why on Earth Abiword and Gnumeric, two venerable
applications that crop up any time Libre or Openoffice isn't installed
on a desktop system are still inaccessible?  Is it something that can
be helped along wiht e-mail to the devs?  Seems I ran across one to
Abiword devs some time back where they didn't know what to do to get
their app accessible.  they seemed willing enough to listen.  You'd
think Gnu would have more of its apps accessible.  Take Emacs.
Somebody else had to write a whole bunch of code to get it accessible
and not through x and, I understand they do't want to include any of
the code form that project with regular emacs.  Seems lots of their
stuff is inaccessible or has long-standing issues like GnuCash for
instance.

Alex M