Re: [orca-list] compile recent version of orca in ubuntu 12.10

On 11/10/2012 02:05 PM, Josà Vilmar EstÃcio de Souza wrote:

I installed python 3.3 in my machine but I do not know how to instruct
the compilation  to uses 3.3 instead of 3.2.
Any tips will be well received.

PYTHON=/usr/bin/python3.3 ./autogen.sh bla bla bla

Note that you will very likely also need to build other things (pyatspi,
pygobject, at least). Now that GNOME is switching to Python 3 for GNOME
3.8, Orca needs to be fully compatible with Python 3.3 (what Fedora,
Ubuntu, and presumably others will be shipping for their next stable
release). And sadly there are a few compatibility issues between 3.2 and
3.3, so I didn't have much choice.

Having said that, sounds like a PPA might be in order.

Sorry and take care.
--joanie