Re: [orca-list] how accessible is linux mint?

hi robert,

might try tomorrow. thanks for the infos.

greetings,
simon

Am 24.05.2012 21:23, schrieb Robert Cole:
Back when I was using Linux Mint 12 (the CD edition) Orca was not
installed, nor were accessibility cmponents. This may differ on the DVD
edition, but I am not sure on this. Linux Mint has two desktops
available out-of-the-box: Cinnamon and MATE. I have not tried either of
these with Orca yet, so I do not really know how accessible they are.
Cinnamon, like Unity, has GNOME 3 technologies under the hood, so I
would *think* that it *should* be accessible with Orca, but that is just
my inexperienced opinion.

Needless to say, I was able to install Orca into a live USB Linux Mint
12 system by issuing:

sudo apt-get install gnome-orca

However, I was unable to successfully install the system using Orca.

I hope that this information is helpful. I only regret the fact that I
did not have that good of an experience with accessibility under Linux
Mint 12. Maybe this has changed in the latest Linux Mint 13 "Maya"
release. I will have to take a look at it.

Kind regards.

Take care.