Re: [orca-list] instructions for installing voxin on ubuntu 12.04?

Hi Hank,

Just run the install script. Its something like voxin_install.sh if memory serves me. Anyway, if you run the shell script it will ask you a few questions, download and install any missing packages, and after you logout and back in you should have voxin installed and ready to go. Make sure though that voxin is the latest so that you have the latest speech-dispatcher packages available.

FYI, I don't know if anyone else has experienced this but Orca seems to die more often with Voxin than with ESpeak. So if you have a problem with Orca just dying and needing to be killed and restarted I'm pretty sure that's why. That's one reason I stopped using Voxin these days. I've had a lot more issues with speech failing. I've gotten several errors related to IBM TTS.

Cheers!