Re: [orca-list] GNOME Shell Dialogs

Hello, Alex.

I am very glad that my description was helpful to you. to be honest I was afraid to go into as much detail because I did not want to offend anyone. I say this in the sense that here where I am living in California, I have met other blind individuals (who have no vision), and when I have tried to describe things to them based on what little vision I have, they have gotten upset with me, and even angry at times. And I mean it sincerely that I do not want to upset or offend anyone. I just felt like maybe contrasting the differences between Unity and GNOME Shell might be insightful to others here on the list.

One of the things which disheartens me sometimes is when I get a new piece of technology and open the manual to find it is many pictures and few words. One good example is a Christmas present which my oldest son received a year ago. I was so excited because I wanted to assemble it for him, but when I looked at the manual it was nothing but pictorial instructions. If the assembling procedure was described in words I know I could have done it, but even with magnification pictures are still mainly a blur to me. Unfortunately, it is usually assumed that someone who is blind is not going to put together a little play car for a child or a crib for a baby. I wish that I had some skills in the carpentry department so that I could do these things, but that is another story for another mailing list (if one exists).

So, in summary, I just felt like maybe a written description would help to shed light on things for others as well as it has for myself.

I am very glad to see that it has been helpful!

Take care.