Re: [orca-list] Checking for updates in quantal

Sure.  There’s always the old fashioned way.  Open a terminal and type:

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get upgrade

Or, you can install aptitude:

sudo apt-get install aptitude

Learn your way around aptitude and you won’t really need a fancy gui update manager.  Here’s one of my favorite commands

sudo aptitude full-upgrade

If you want to play it safe, there’s:

Sudo aptitude secure-upgrade

Regards,