From: orca-list-bounces gnome org [mailto:orca-list-bounces gnome org] On
Behalf Of RiverWind
Sent: Friday, July 06, 2012 11:39 AM
To: The Orca Support List
Subject: [orca-list] Control Over Screen Content

Hi All,

Whilst downloading and/or conducting any other sorts of file transfer, I
would like to maximize my ability to track the percentage or rate of the
transfer. Now, the percentage of downloads for instance, is automatically
conveyed, but I often do not get the end of the transfer, so I have to play
a bit of a guessing game. For example,  Orca might tell me that my file is
92% of the way downloaded, but I never hear the 100% when it is reached.

Also, I am wanting to use the mouse keys in order to check various statuses
and the like, but those keys are misteriously silent and will yield up no
speach feedback when ever they are pressed; I am talking about the "read
previous line, current line, next line", and the same with regard to review
words and characters. I am unsure why these screen review keys are
dysfunctional.

Also, how would I go about setting the speach feedback whilst using Firefox?
More to the point, what settings might any of you good gentles suggest in
order for me to solve the above enumorated problems?

As always, thanks ever so much in advance.

Feel free to visit my website and my blog and learn more about me and what I
stand for.
My Website @ http://riverwind.shellworld.net My Blog
http://windraven13.livejournal.com/