Re: [orca-list] Can't install ubuntu 12.04

hmmm, I never thought of disabling those options I wonder if they actually do anything? you still have to run a sudo apt-get update/upgrade etc afterwards, so not sure what these options actually do. I know the mp3 codec is installed if you check taht option but not sure what the download updates etc does, actually. . On 01/13/2012 03:13 PM, Robert cole wrote:
Did either of you install it with the "Download updates" option chedked Or the option for installing third-party software?

When I installed Ubuntu 11.10 onto my physical computer system last week, I had these options checked and the installer crashed on me (good thing I had backups :) ). I went through the installer again, leaving these options unchecked, and the installer went through successfully.

From what I have read online, sometimes it crashes and sometimes it does not...so I don't know.

In any case, I have some old antivirus discs here form when I ran Windows. Anyone up for a coffee party? I can grind some coffee beans here in anticipation. <smile>

Take care.