Re: [orca-list] problems with eclipse and the f10 key

On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 08:53:22PM CET, José Vilmar Estácio de Souza wrote:
Hi all,

Running ubuntu 11.10 and eclipse Build id: 20110916-0149, I found
that the f10 key does not activate the eclipse's menu.
What can I do?

This is an unfortunate side effect of Eclipse not working properly with the global menu bar, hense being
blacklisted from showing its menus properly in the global menu bar, therefore the Eclipse window itself shows
the menu bar. Unfortunately F10 is grabbed by unity for accessing the top panel exclusively. Using Alt F etc
to access the Eclipse menus individually should work.

I am not sure what the proper solution is here, given that most apps that most users will use are fine with
their menus in the global menu bar. Having said that, one still would want access to the indicators, but
maybe a key other than F10 could be used for doing just that.

Luke