Re: [orca-list] Proposal: Remove the emacspeak suppport

+1 to drop the hardware synths; you cannot even buy them anymore. Most of
them are anchient and probably wont wor on current computers anyways.

-----Original Message-----
From: orca-list-bounces gnome org [mailto:orca-list-bounces gnome org] On
Behalf Of Joanmarie Diggs
Sent: Wednesday, January 04, 2012 8:12 PM
To: orca-list gnome org
Subject: [orca-list] Proposal: Remove the emacspeak suppport

Hey guys.

Back in June [1] I asked you all if anyone was using Orca with Emacspeak,
and as an aside suggested that it would be great if we could have support
for hardware synthesizers in speechdispatcher.

What resulted from my question was more of a discussion than a concrete
consensus. But the feeling I got from that discussion was that we have
people using Orca and people using Emacspeak, but we do not have people
using hardware synths with Orca via Emacspeak.

If these is indeed the case, and given the plans to make presentation
modalities "pluginable," having old cruft around which would have to be
converted is more trouble than it's worth *if* it's honestly not something
anyone needs.

So... Discussion is, as always, encouraged. But at this point it is a
proposal on the table for which I'm requesting a vote.

Thanks as always, guys!
--joanie

[1] https://mail.gnome.org/archives/orca-list/2011-June/thread.html#00085